Ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) are health care facilities that offer patients the convenience of having surgeries and procedures performed safely outside the hospital setting.
- ASCs are usually stand-alone facilities or part of smaller business complexes. On the contrary, hospitals often times can feel like walking through a maze to get to your destination. With convenient parking and easy access, ASCs are better able to provide you with personal attention to make your surgery process smoother.
Lower Overall Costs
- Hospitals have lots of overhead. As ASC though, is a smaller, dedicated space just for your surgery, which helps keep costs down. What that means for YOU is you’ll pay less for your surgery is performed at an ASC.
- You are able to recuperate AT HOME. Before your same day discharge from the facility, you are given verbal and written instructions on how to care for yourself following your surgery.
- ASC’s are highly regulated by state and federal entities. In order to be state and federally certified, an ASC must comply with standards developed by the federal government for the specific purpose of ensuring safety of patients and the quality of the facilities, physicians and staff.
- ASCs work with you to find a convenient date/time of surgery that meets your needs.